Problem with SYSVOL share

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Apr 25 10:50:07 MDT 2012

AM, Andreas Oster wrote:

>> Am 25.04.2012 10:57, schrieb Matthieu
Patou:

msdfs = yes" the Windows 2008 member server no can successfully access
the SYSVOL and NETLOGON shares. Has there been a change in the samba4
behavior lately ? I am sure that it worked in the past without this
additional entry in smb.conf.
>>> Well 2 years ago host msdfs = no was
the default, the we changed it for yes, now that we have merge between
s3 and s4 it might have defaulted to no one more time. With windows 2008
host msdfs make a huge difference.
>> Hello Matthieu, I have now tried
to access the netlogon share directly from the samba4 DC with both
smbclient3 and smbclient, which both show the same symptom as the
Windows machine. When accessing the share via //domainname/netlogon the
connection can not be established. When using //dcname/netlogon it is
working with both smbclient tools.

> So please send us a tcpdump
trace when accessing from windows
> //domainname/netlogon

Matthieu.

Hello Matthieu,

please find attached a capture file of a
failed connection attempt to
\NOVAnetlogon [2]

--

best regards