[GSoC 2012] - A friendly Hello

Dhananjay Sathe dhananjaysathe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:37:08 MDT 2012

Hello all,

First up thanks a ton . I am overjoyed by the fact that I have been given
this honour once again of working on a GSoC project with the Samba Project.

This time around, i'll be specifically on the Samba-Gtk project under
Jelmer's guidance. As for what I plan to intend and deliver, I have 2
primary objectives.

   - Upgrading and completely rewriting the entire Samba-Gtk toolkit to
   Gobject Based Gtk-3 and  "future proofing" it.
   - The second phase consists of building a tool tool for for managing the
   participation of the machine in a domain.

 At the moment I have my 3rd year Engg. Final Exams running so will be away
from work for a bit. These wind up on the 15th so expect me back hacking
away right from the 16th of May. I am already abreast with most* of the
documentation and familiar with the intimate details required to execute
the required work, which means I'll hit the ground running from the very
first day. Should any difficulties and queries turn up, I shall try digging
around to try and learn and resolve them else expect an email or ping on
IRC :)

Hopefully I will get to learn a lot more and interact a lot more with you
guys over the course of the summer and further on. Last year was an
absolutely fantastic experience, and am sure it'll get better this year. I
will strive to, live up-to and perhaps surpass your expectations.

Jelmer , Kai , Andreas ,Matthieu and all the other great devs here in the
samba team I hope to interact and learn soo much more from you all. I also
hope to interact with the other students (Pavel and Chris) during the
course of the summer.

As always, ANY Comments,Suggestions and Ideas  and Brickbats are most
welcome, and in fact critical from past experience. Fell free to drop in a
mail or ping me on irc (dsathe) (I will be on-line for the most part).

Thanks once again .

Cheers !!!

Dhananjay Deepak Sathe | +91 976-487-1950
dhananjaysathe at gmail.com,dhananjaysathe at acm.org,f2009260 at bits-goa.ac.in,<f2009260 at bits-goa.ac.in>
Blog : http://dsathe.blogspot.com
3rd Year Undergraduate,
BE(Hons) Electronics and Instrumentation,
BITS Pilani Goa Campus.