Welcome to Samba, GSoC students of 2012

Andreas Schneider asn at cryptomilk.org
Wed Apr 25 06:53:32 MDT 2012

On Wednesday 25 April 2012 00:56:44 C Davis wrote:
> I'm Chris, and I'll be working on a console-based registry editor
> for Samba. It'll be a general-purpose editor like Windows' regedit.
> Samba's registry on the local machine can be accessed directly,
> and remote registries can be accessed over the network (this
> should include both remote Samba and Windows registries).
> Samba already has code for accessing registries in a variety of
> formats, so I imagine I'll spend most of my time working on the
> UI. The ncurses library will be used to help build the UI, so the
> editor should be portable to quite a variety of systems.
>
> Should be a fun summer. Glad to be working for Samba!

Welcome!

There are a lot of developers looking forward to such a feature and I think a
lot of administrators too.

If you work on code which includes registry this will make our live a lot
easier.

I'm looking forward to work with you.

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org