Problem with SYSVOL share

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Apr 25 02:20:38 MDT 2012

Am 25.04.2012 09:52, schrieb Matthieu Patou:
> On 04/24/2012 11:41 PM, Andreas Oster wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> with current samba release from GIT (4.0.0alpha20-GIT-594e316) I face
>> a problem with the SYSVOL and NETLOGON share. When trying to access
>> these shares via \\domainname\sysvol or \\domainname\netlogon from a
>> Windows machine I'll get a access denied when I do the same with the
>> name of the domain controller (\\dcname\sysvol, \\dcname\netlogon) it
>> works without any problems. When I just enter \\domainname Explorer
>> opens and I can see the SYSVOL and NETLOGON share but are also unable to
>> access the shares.
> Can you provide more context:
>
> * Are you using s3fs ?
> * Can you provide us a trace
> * Which clients ?
>
> Matthieu

Hello Matthieu,

attached you'll find two level 10 log files. One is a connection try to
\\domainname\netlogon, which failes. The second is to \\dcname\netlogon
which succeeds.
domain is NOVA (novanetwork.loc), DC is novadc01

I have tried from a Win 2008 R2 member server (novawsk05).

Thank you for your kind help.

best regards

Andreas