Problem with SYSVOL share

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Apr 25 03:12:03 MDT 2012

Am 25.04.2012 10:57, schrieb Matthieu Patou:

>> Hello Matthieu,
>>
>> with correctly added parameter "host msdfs = yes" the Windows 2008
>> member server no can successfully access the SYSVOL and NETLOGON shares.
>> Has there been a change in the samba4 behavior lately ? I am sure that
>> it worked in the past without this additional entry in smb.conf.
> Well 2 years ago host msdfs = no was the default, the we changed it for
> yes, now that we have merge between s3 and s4 it might have defaulted to
> no one more time.
> With windows 2008 host msdfs make a huge difference.

Hello Matthieu,

I have now tried to access the netlogon share directly from the samba4
DC with both smbclient3 and smbclient, which both show the same symptom
as the Windows machine. When accessing the share via
//domainname/netlogon the connection can not be established. When using
//dcname/netlogon it is working with both smbclient tools.

best regards

Andreas