Problem with SYSVOL share

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Apr 25 00:41:22 MDT 2012

Hello all,

with current samba release from GIT (4.0.0alpha20-GIT-594e316) I face
a problem with the SYSVOL and NETLOGON share. When trying to access
these shares via \\domainname\sysvol or \\domainname\netlogon from a
Windows machine I'll get a access denied when I do the same with the
name of the domain controller (\\dcname\sysvol, \\dcname\netlogon) it
works without any problems. When I just enter \\domainname Explorer
opens and I can see the SYSVOL and NETLOGON share but are also unable to
access the shares.

Thank you for your kind help

best regards

Andreas