vfs_stat called but ignored when client has dir open

Andrew Klaassen clawsoon at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 16:40:51 MDT 2012

--- On Mon, 4/23/12, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:

> The question is -- does this also apply to directories on
> Windows? (Genuine question, I never tested that).

It's in a bunch of places, including dir.c.  So far I've been able to get the behaviour to randomly flip back and forth in the same session by changing the code in one place but not others.  :-)

Which leads to a question:  I'm adding a parameter to control this behaviour.  (I figure I'm only increasing the parameter count by 0.249%, so what's the harm?)  Which would be better style:

 - Add a connection argument to get_file_infos so that it can see the parameter I've added, or
 - Check the parameter in all the various callers before using write_time_ts to stomp on fsp_name->st?

Without having looked through all the various calls to get_file_infos yet, my guess is that the first option will be cleaner and easier.  But I am ready, as always, to be corrected.  :-)

Thanks.

Andrew