"Resetting" a DC (and other stories)

Kev Latimer klatimer at tolent.co.uk
Tue Apr 24 02:15:26 MDT 2012

Morning all,

To cut a long story short, (I'm doing another post in a minute with my
actual problem), is there a way to get a DC to "forget" everything it
knows about AD and force it replicate from a nominated "known good" DC?
In a sense, resetting it but without trying to unjoin/rejoin the
domain?  Delete sam.ldb or the contents of sam.ldb.d/ for example?  I've
a situation where replication has gone a little awry I'd like to see if
there's a quick way of just getting a DC to start again...

I've tried samba-tool drs replicate but that is throwing the error I'm
trying to clear...

Cheers,

Kev