NFSv4 ACLs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Apr 20 12:55:53 MDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:04:02PM +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I know this has been asked many times, but I will ask one more time:
> I would like to export NFSv4 mounted filesystem with Samba and would
> like to be able to use windows "security tab" in explorer to modify
> these ACLs.
> Do I have any chance with Samba on RHEL-5/6?

Does Linux have local API's to manipulate mounted NFSv4 ACLs ?

Samba has VFS modules to cope with mapping Windows ACLs onto
NFSv4 ACLs but currently they only work on AIX, Linux with IBM's
gpfs and Solaris right now.

If you can point me a docs showing the library APIs for Linux
to allow programatic manipulation of NFSv4 ACLs then I can
make it work on Linux too.

Jeremy