tdb_chainlock() in tdb1, tdb2 and tdb_compat ?

Christian Ambach ambi at samba.org
Fri Apr 20 08:08:19 MDT 2012

> Agree. Lets break back compatibility.
> We need TDB2, but we need a the best TDB2 we can get.
> Lets not cripple it by imposing semantics or restrictions from the
> TDB1 API we want to break from.
>
> A new api, a new namespace, a new clean start.

I would push the patch early next week if there are not vetos.
It disables the building with TDB2 by default so we should not silently
stumble across clashing APIs until the TDB2 API has been sorted out.

The adventurous can still enable it.

Hopefully Rusty picks this up again soon so we do not see too much
bit-rot on TDB2 that in principle is a good idea, but the current
implementation and integration seems to cause unnecessary grief.

Cheers,
Christian