samba4: bind error #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:32:26 MDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 4:40 AM, steve <steve at steve-ss.com> wrote:
> On 19/04/12 12:36, Kev Latimer wrote:

>> According to Amitay, it should build two files, dlz_bind9.so for 9.8 and
>> dlz_bind9_9.so for 9.9; for us, it just seems to build a single file,
>> dlz_bind9.so, which only works on 9.9...
>>
>> I used the same trick as you did to build a 9.8 module and I'm back up and
>> running.
>>
>> The only thing I can think of is that we upgraded our Samba's to reach
>> this problem, no fresh install.  Think I'll quickly build it on a different
>> machine and see if a new install makes a difference on the modules it
>> builds?
>
> Hi Kev, hi everyone
> The file that causes the trouble is:
> ...source4/dns_server/dlz_minimal.h
> Previously it only had the one option: that for 9.8. As it stands, it
> defaults to 9.9, which is why I asked if we were intended to move to the
> newer version. Maybe Amitay has a different new build??
> Any clarification on this stuff?
> Cheers,
> Steve

Hi Steve,

As Günter pointed out, I have made changes to the build, so now
instead of building single dlz_bind9.so, it builds dlz_bind9.so and
dlz_bind9_9.so. This means you don't have to mess with the code if you
are using BIND 9.9. If you are using BIND 9.8, then everything should
work as is. Please make sure there are no local changes in the code.
Confirm that when you build samba, it builds two modules dlz_bind9.so
and dlz_bind9_9.so. And then continue to use dlz_bind9.so for BIND
9.8.

Amitay.