samba4: bind error #define DLZ_DLOPEN_VERSION 1

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Apr 19 12:40:47 MDT 2012

On 19/04/12 12:36, Kev Latimer wrote:
> On 19/04/2012 10:32, steve wrote:
>>

> According to Amitay, it should build two files, dlz_bind9.so for 9.8
> and dlz_bind9_9.so for 9.9; for us, it just seems to build a single
> file, dlz_bind9.so, which only works on 9.9...
>
> I used the same trick as you did to build a 9.8 module and I'm back up
> and running.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that we upgraded our Samba's to reach
> this problem, no fresh install.  Think I'll quickly build it on a
> different machine and see if a new install makes a difference on the
> modules it builds?
Hi Kev, hi everyone
The file that causes the trouble is:
...source4/dns_server/dlz_minimal.h
Previously it only had the one option: that for 9.8. As it stands, it
defaults to 9.9, which is why I asked if we were intended to move to the
newer version. Maybe Amitay has a different new build??
Any clarification on this stuff?
Cheers,
Steve