samba4 migration problems

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Apr 19 02:15:16 MDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 09:49 +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 19.04.2012 02:00, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> >> To workaround this, I removed the gencache.tdb. Is this file required to migrate?
> >
> > No, gencache should not be required to migrate, but this isn't a good sign.
>

> > If this is on a new server, not the server that was running Samba3, can
> > you set 'ldapsam:trusted = yes' in your smb.conf, or ensure that
> > nss_ldap is set up correctly?
>
> I have a test environment here. It's the same setup than in production.
> This VM is running samba 3.5.14 (with LDAP backend) before I start playing
> with samba4. So it's not a new/different machine than where 3 was on.
> 'ldapsam:trusted = yes' I already had in my smb.conf. nss_ldap is also working
> fine. If I do 'getent passwd' I also get the users from LDAP.

Great.  I'm actually wondering if we should make this the default.

> > A debug level 5 (set it in your original smb.conf) would be quite
> > helpful if you could share it with me, it will tell me why these groups
> > failed.
>
> http://pastebin.com/WAP1k7Ry

Thanks.  It seems these aliases really don't exist, or if they do they
are of the wrong type.  In any case, the fix I made should allow us to
skip it.

> > Do other groups get migrated in correctly?
>
> Where can I see it? At least I know if I remove the groups with
> well-known SIDs from LDAP the migration continues (and breaks on
> 'Importing WINS database'):
>
> http://pastebin.com/SJ1YNF8F
>

> >> Regardless of if that helps, could you also try my attached patch.  It
> >> should ignore these errors, and continue the migration.
> >
> > This should be a better-working version of the patch I proposed.
>
> I applied the patch to alpha19.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool", line 27, in <module>
>      from samba.netcmd.main import cmd_sambatool
>    File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/main.py",
> line 24, in <module>
>      from samba.netcmd.domain import cmd_domain
>    File
> "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line
> 47, in <module>
>      from samba.upgrade import upgrade_from_samba3
>    File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py", line 68
>      if max_pw_age_unix == -1 || max_pw_age_unix == 0:
>                                ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I changed "||" to "or" to fix it. The output I put on pastebin (see above).

Thanks, sorry about the bad patch.  The corrected patch is in master
now, as is the patch I meant to send you (mixed you up with the other
samba3upgrade user I was dealing with today).  Let me know if current
master fixes this.

> > Can you get me a copy of your wins database to I can fix our parsing
> > code?
>
> Find attached my wins.dat/wins.tdb

Thanks, I'll take a look, and see what I can do.