Questions (about Samba4 built-in LDAP capabilities) !

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Apr 17 11:08:54 MDT 2012

Hello Alejandro,

On 04/17/2012 01:38 AM, Alejandro wrote:
> Hi Matthias.
> There are any doc about extending schemas and third party schemas?
>
> In the Wiki the "Samba4/Schema extensions" link go to nothing.
My fault, fixed. But the landing pages is all about what schema
extensions that we know are working (or me made them working).

> The answer in the FAQ to this question isn't clear at all,
So you can extend schema, the thing is that with the current version of
samba you have to be very cautious because it can corrupt your schema
update files are not correct.
I've been working on fixes for this that should land in the master git
tree pretty soon. But even with those patches all the problems are and
won't be ever solved.
Samba 4 is using the same schema as Microsoft AD, it means that if the
attribute/class already exists in Samba 4's schema then you have a
problem. I worked lately on the dhcp schema for ISC DHCP and that's a
perfect example as it has 2 classes which conflict with those already
present in samba 4.

So you might want to try to pick my branch
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/misc
and try to import your schema in samba 4 (a test one) and see how
bad/well it goes.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou