redundant DNS setup with bind_dlz possible ?

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:53:07 MDT 2012

Hi Amitay,
I tried many times to have DNS zones replicated but it happened only
once and just from PDC to BDC (not in the other direction). To try I
demoted the secondary DC and joined it again many times.

On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 14:29 +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:

> I would not run samba_upgradedns, till I know that DNS partitions have
> replicated. As you can see from the output of samba_upgradedns, it is
> creating and populating DNS partitions which is clearly wrong. This
> might put the sam database in a "bad" state, from which it might not
> recover.

I've run it in the past so is it possible that could cause these
troubles?

Can someone try on a fresh provisioned DC and a fresh join of a
secondary DC if it works?

Regards,
Daniele.