Questions (about Samba4 built-in LDAP capabilities) !

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Tue Apr 17 01:07:49 MDT 2012

Per default we are providing a subset of that what MS AD provides - VLV,
dynamic lists and dynamic groups (as far as I know) do not make part of
it. Eventually ANR could be a bit similar. "memberOf" however is
supported on behalf of the same semantics as on Windows. The schema on
s4 is extensible but updates have to be explicitly allowed (smb.conf
setting) due to some stumbling blocks which have yet to be fixed.
The semantics can be enhanced by writing additional LDB modules
(lib/ldb/modules - generic - not only AD, source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules
- only AD specific). We accept such contributions in our source tree as
long as they meet a certain quality and there is any broader use.

Matthias Wallnöfer