examples/VFS/Makefile.in in master seems well out of date ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:03:14 MDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:28:59PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Volker Lendecke
>> <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
>> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 01:35:52PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>> The problem, it seems to me is that those who want to do out-of-tree
>> modules are not served at all by the existing Makefile because they
>> typically have no idea of what changes are needed.
>
> Is doing copy&paste on few the lines for "skel_transparent"
> and replacing the name with something different really a
> blocker for someone doing VFS development?

You ask a very good question.

I think it is OK to ask them to change a "few" lines, and my proposal
about different Makefiles was just way over the top.

However, doing a VFS already requires that they understand lots, and I
think there is a way to change the Makefile so that they only have to
change the "all:" target line.

I will have to see what I can get to work.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe