redundant DNS setup with bind_dlz possible ?

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Thu Apr 12 11:43:53 MDT 2012

2012-04-12 at 15:22 +0200, Andreas Oster wrote: ...

>>> Hello
Daniele, I have now set up a second DC and joined it to AD. I have seen
that replication of ForestDnsZones and DomainDnsZones in
private/sam.ldb.d is working, but I am missing the private/dns part.
samba_upgradedns gave the same error as Justin has observed. best
regards Andreas
>> Hallo Andreas, for me (I've just demoted the
secondary DC and than reinstalled and re-joined it to the domain) I
don't see DNS zones in private/sam.ldb.d. I guess that for you,
samba-tool drs showrepl shows also the DNS zones in the INBOUND and
OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS isn't it? Daniele.

> After trying to run
samba_upgradedns, even if zones were not replicated,
> I've seen that
DNS zones appeared on sam.ldb.d.

> Can you confirm that the DNS
partitions are currently replicated (drs
> showrepl should show them)?
>

> Thanks,
> Daniele.

Hello Daniele,

yes I can confirm, that I see
inbound replication on second DC for ForestDnsZones and DomainDnsZones
coming from first DC. I do see any sign of either inbound or outbound
replication on the first DC though.

best regards

Andreas