Samba4 loading schema.ldif (Was: What is the origin of dsdb_syntax dsdb_syntaxes[] in source4/dsdb/schema/schema_syntax.c?)

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Wed Apr 11 14:28:58 MDT 2012

Hi,

After successful generation of ldif file from the OpenLDAP schema using
the patch developed by Matthieu for oLschema2ldif I'm stuck now with
If I ad it by local ldbedit (cat schema.ldif | ldbedit -H
/usr/local/samba/private/....) it gets added, but Active Directory
Schema MMC gets the impression, that the Samba4 domain controller (the
only in this domain/forest so far) is not available. I reverted back to
backups.
If I allow schema updates (dsdb: schema update allowed = yes in
smb.conf) then it still seems to be not enabled from a Win7 client
(loged in as a member of Schema Admins group):
>ldifde -i -f c:\dhcp.ldf -v
Connecting to "samba4.kzsdabas.hu"
Logging in as current user using SSPI
Importing directory from file "c:\dhcp.ldf"
Lazy commit support not available on the server, lazy commit will be
disabled.
1: CN=dhcpPrimaryDN,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=kzsdabas,DC=hu

Add error on entry starting on line 1: Unwilling To Perform
The server side error is: 0x2035 The server is unwilling to process the
request.

The extended server error is:
00002035: schema_data_add: updates are not allowed: reject request

0 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program

Thanks for any idea!

Cheers