[RFC] Switch on tdb2 API by default?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 29 11:59:25 MDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:57:03AM -0700, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 18:40 +0100, Dan Shearer wrote:
>
> > But getting back to the big iron problem, would offering
> > samba-4-with-python-included.tar.bz2 be a good enough way of addressing
> > it? A prerequisite would be contacting the Python buildbot team and helping
> > them add some buildslave hosts, but at least it would be a strategy.
>
> The master tree already includes a install_with_python.sh to automate
> this, and releasing a tarball with the python tarball seems like a
> simple, automated process to me.

I think that's a good idea going forward and we should certainly do it
for 4.0.0, but doesn't absolve us from maintaining an autoconf build
for the fileserver components in 4.0.0 for reasons previously discussed.

Let's use it as a stepping stone for getting to one build system
eventually (which I also would like to do). It's just not doable
right now (IMHO).

Jeremy.