[RFC] Switch on tdb2 API by default?

Christian M Ambach christian.ambach at de.ibm.com
Wed Sep 28 00:13:18 MDT 2011

Rusty wrote on 09/26/2011 12:16:51 PM:

> > If you can't
> > make tdb2 work in the autoconf Samba3 build, then it won't
> > be in the default install for that release. I would not like
> > it, but if it is not possible to make tdb2 work in autoconf,
> > then it will be a pure Samba4 thing.
>
> It's possible, but at some point, we have to move on.  I'd rather do
> that *before* I have to wade into the autoconf stuff again...

I do not think that the next Samba release (whatever number it will have)
will be based purely on waf, most probably the fileserver part (namely
source3)
will still have an autoconf based build available and some people will
still use that instead of waf.

So if we want more exposure of TDB2 on systems around the world,
we'll need to have TDB2 in the autoconf build.

Cheers,
Christian