SBS2003 to Samba4 migration

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:47:04 MDT 2011

Ops,
my mistake.

Looking in the smb.conf of the samba3 file server I had to add the
second DC name in the password server.
Adding that entry all works.
Good job guys.

Anyway, the join to a domain as DC command, does not create any entry
for the dns stuff (I mean the files used for ddns updates).
Now, if I have to move bind from slave to master in order to remove the
sbs server what am I supposed to do? Should I edit the named.conf files
and the zones? And about TSIG and gensec stuff?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.