[RFC] Switch on tdb2 API by default?

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sun Sep 25 20:39:23 MDT 2011

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:11:29 +0200, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 05:33:59PM +0930, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > Sure I'll do it, but it feels wrong and foolish.
>
> To you it might. The problem is that the world is larger
> than Linux.

Please explain; Python is generally more portable than Samba, perhaps
there are specific ports we need?  Or is it waf?

> But for existing S3 uses we need autconf/make to work in the future.

Why?  I think we're allowed to make their binaries smaller and their
builds faster.

On the other hand, it'd be nice to clear up some of the tangled #include
lines in the s3 source, and make dependencies more explicit.  I'm sure
there is other cruft I don't know which could be cleaned too...

Cheers,
Rusty.