Windows 8 can join to Samba3 domain?

Zombie Ryushu zombie_ryushu at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 10:59:22 MDT 2011

I see no reason Windows 8 couldn't support Samba 3.6 to the exclusion of
NT Domains. They made modifications to enhance Samba 3.4, and 3.5's
technology to a level NT4 could never manage. Samba 3.5 domains are NT
Domains in name only. They have achieved a level of functionality NT
Domains never could. Windows 7 can't join a real NT Domain. It can join
a Samba 3 domain.