Windows 8 can join to Samba3 domain?

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Fri Sep 23 05:57:08 MDT 2011

From: Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:13:46 +0200

> On Sunday 18 September 2011 10:47:22 TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:
> > Recently I examined if Windows 8 developer preview can join to Samba3
> > domain (I used Samba 3.5.6).
>
> I would be interested in a tcpdump of the join. Could you create one?

Of course, yes.

The screen image when joining was failed is available at:

http://damedame.monyo.com/images/20110917_3.png

My Samba environment (VMware VM) is available at:

http://wiki.samba.gr.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=Samba_PDC_VM%28squeeze%29#Function

The Windows 8 box has 192.168.135.130.
Samba server has 192.168.135.222.

If you will need additional information, please ask me.

I will send you the capture file (about 50KB) directly.
I think there is no security-sensible information there but am not
sure.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>