Search bases for dlz_bind9

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:47:27 MDT 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM, Stefan Gohmann <gohmann at univention.de>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> by default the samba4 dlz_bind9 backend searches under
> CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones and CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones.
>
> In my samba4 test setup all DNS zones are under CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System.
> After adding the attached patch it works fine for me.
>
> Or are there any reasons to exclude this base?
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

AD based DNS works off the DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions. If
you would like to enable DNS based on AD, then you can use
--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ option to provision to create those partitions and
populate them with appropriate entries.

I am currently testing some changes in dlz_bind9 to run BIND without
requiring running samba server. :)

Amitay.