Bad Link flag?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 15 18:37:47 MDT 2011

Yes, it is entirely possible your platform is not permitting these to
link with the undefined symbols that are unfortunately present in the
waf build.  We have been tough this before, and removed as many as were
practical, but there is a lot of work still to do, due to a mutual
dependency between the registry and loadparm code, and due to the need
to fully specify dependencies in winbind and idmap.

It would be useful to know what the difference is between Mandriva
(failing for you) and Fedora/Ubuntu (both of which I know work).