Reduce build systems in master

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Sep 7 20:00:42 MDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 15:13 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Following up from my mail last month, attached is my proposal to reduce
> the build systems we need to maintain to two, the top level waf build
> and the autoconf build.
>
> The s3-waf build has been incredibly important in getting us this far,
> but I don't we should continue to maintain three build systems now that
> the top level build provides all the functionality we need.

Günther,

I've not heard from you either way on this, and that worries me.  I do
hope I've not offended you with this work.

This isn't urgent, but I've been sitting on the idea for the seven weeks
since I started this thread, so I would appreciate resolving it one way
or the other.

Attached is the current patch set.  Because we can now rely on the
source3 wscript files being called from a top level script, it removes a
good chunk of code, and a lot of special cases between the two build
systems.

Please let me know how you feel about this,