[Server signing] Samba fileshare not working with server signing =auto.

okmanoj okmanoj at indiatimes.com
Wed Sep 7 00:45:38 MDT 2011

While debugging I found in older samba 3.4.x we are adding tmp sign
*memcpy(&outbuf[smb_ss_field], "BSRSPYL ", 8);*  and setting flags2 sign bit
inside /srv_set_signing_negotiated(void)/ and /temp_sign_outgoing_message()/

However we are not adding any sign in current samba 3.5.x.
/srv_set_signing_negotiated () /and /smb_signing_set_negotiated()/

Due to above SMB:Flags2 "Security signature" and "Signature" fields are
empty.

This is also clear in network capture.

Regards,
Manoj