ClamAV VFS module in samba 3.6.1

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:10:30 MDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Theodor Chirana <office at adaptcom.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
> Today I started to update my PDC's and BDC's to samba latest (3.6.1) and
> surprisingly the vfs module for clamav seems not to be su[pported anymore.
> Even the make option for samba 3.6.1 (make proto) which is required by this
> vfs module is not present. Anyoane have a solution to this?? or nobody
> encountered the error and I just found a new one?

Were you previously working with 3.5.x?

Things have changed in 3.6.x and in master. For example, make proto no
longer works and functions you want to make visible are statically
added to one of the include files now. (At least that has been my
experience.)

Why does your VFS module require make proto? Are you modifying Samba
or making more functions visible in a VFS module?

I suggest that you work with the git repository and base all your work
against master. That way, it will be easier for your work to be
included in future versions. You will, however, have to make separate
patches available for 3.6.1, etc, most likely.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe