Samba4 latest from git - make quicktest fails on xcopy test

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Oct 28 17:26:52 MDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 08:23:08AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 13:48 +0100, Mike Howard wrote:
>
> > So from what Andrew  says, I assume these failures can be ignored as the
> > process would be to just disable them according to what packages are
> > installed? Is there then any point running 'make quicktest' as a matter
> > of interest?
>
> This looks like it may have been just a bug in smbd, and not anything as
> magic or subtle as I feared.  Can you retry with any git revision after
> today (specifically
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=8c6ff21782b141571dde64e80cc42540e9177a23 as Jeremy fixed an incredibly similar issue that started to happen more often after his work).

Actually it wasn't an smbd bug, more an interaction between
the xcopy test when run in that configuration and the test
environment. That test insists on doing the xcopy as DOMAIN\Administrator,
whilst the underlying filesystem is mapping onto the user
doing the test. This means the xcopy open for WRITE_DAC
and other write access failed, as it didn't really have
the rights to do that. I fixed the test environment here,
not smbd.

Jeremy.