dos client ? unix client ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 27 15:10:33 MDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 01:37 +0900, 박정호 wrote:

> [...]

Clients negotiate the character set they will use on the wire as part of
the negprot.  They may indicate that they use the DOS charset (perhaps
one of your embedded CIFS clients) and another may indicate that it uses
UTF16, which may then be represented by (say) the linux cifs client as
UTF8 locally.

I hope this helps.