samba-tool user add name change to create patch

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:33:35 MDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:29 AM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 13:07 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

>> > I attached a patch for the rename of "samba-tool user add" ->
>> > "samba-tool user create".
>> > I left "samba-tool user add" in the code (it now calls the create
>> > function)...and if the user specified add instead of create, a message
>> > is given.
>> >
>> > This patch also includes updates to existing test cases.
>> Thanks, this looks good now I think. I'll have a look at merging it.
> This is still waiting to land, but unfortunately I can't seem to build
> Samba 4 at the moment. When I can, this should land (including some
> tweaks to test the deprecation warning).

I seem to be missing parts of the conversation .... or maybe not but
my curiosity kicked in and I am curious for the reason of changing it
from add to create?
It has been a while since I used windows net command to create a user.
I think it would be nice to use similar syntax as windows command line
tools to make it an easy transition for existing scripts.