samba4 from BDC to PDC

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 11:01:48 MDT 2011

On 20/10/2011 16:53, Daniele Dario wrote:

> Hi Geza,
> looking in my ubuntu I found that I have a libdlz_bind9.so
> in /usr/local/samba/lib/samba. Are them the same modules (maybe the
> module has changed location between releases)? If yes should I use the
> libdlz_bind9.so in /usr/local/samba/lib/samba/ instead
> of /usr/local/samba/modules/bind9/dlz_bind9.so you told me?
Yest it's ok, this is a bind9 plugin, we might have changed the location
lately.

> Anyway, just to better understand what I'm doing, what's the difference
> between provisioning a new domain which does not include the dlz
> statement in the bind configuration and my case (removing the sbs dc
> after a domain join)?
So by default the provision use the file backend for bind, whereas the
dlz_bind9  use a custom bind plugin so that bind can read directly DNS
records in the AD database, maybe if you provide --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
(got the information from provision --help) then it will generate other
instructions (if not it's a bug feel free to fix it).
For the domain join I guess we have to add an option to define the
backend with the current valid backend as all of them can have their
interest depending on the use case.

In this case the spn for DNS/xxxx should also be generated.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team