Clean Schemas??

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 10:46:40 MDT 2011

Hello,
On 20/10/2011 15:06, Zombie Ryushu wrote:
> Maybe someone should start a "Samba 4 Clean Schemas" set of LDIF
> Schemas for popular OpenLDAP Applications, such as Samba 3, ISC DHCP,
> eGroupware, FreeRadius, PostFix, Cyrus IMAP/SASL, Puppet, etc. So that
> not everyone has to convert them by hand themselves, and they can be
> tested not to cause Constraint Violations?

Maybe you should start by not highjacking threads ?

Concerning schema, things hasn't changed much yet since I post this email:
http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Extending-samba4-schema-td3510357.html

> Other extensions should work correctly too, but we need an ldb module to
> validate and/or populate some well known attributes values when adding
> or modifying the schema. Basically it's checking that the change
> complies with what is written at source4/dsdb/schema/schema_syntax.c 2331
>
> For users eager to have schema extension, a more simplier variation
> would be to write a python script that would load the ldif file into
> ldb_msgs objects (in python) and the for each ldb_msg object check if
> the synthax, the oMSyntax and other attributes are coherent. Although
> not perfect It would help to iron out some problems with schema.

I should remind that not a lot of persons are paid to work on samba4 and
so we do a best effort, the best way to get a feature in is to start to
do it on your own.
Up to the moment you'll start doing this you have to wait for someone
else to do it and be patient and silent, the second solution is not very
complicated and basically require just knowledge in Python, the time you
spend on whimpering could be much more efficiently spent on trying to
solve the problem.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou