NTLMSSP and GENSEC

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 09:28:11 MDT 2011

Hi Andrew,
hi Jeremy,

> No, I know smbtorture4 won't work - we have separate tests for
> working encrypted transport in smbclient. But as you pointed out
> this won't catch symmetric bugs - for that I'm intending to test
> using an old smbclient manually.

You're right...

I've reviewed Andrew's code and did a few minor formatting changes
and cleaning up some stuff in smb_seal.c and seal.c before.

I'm currently testing this branch:
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-auth

autobuild and a modified make test in source3 with smbclient.new against
smbd.old
and smbclient.old against smbd.new are fine.

Jeremy, do you want to do some more tests before I push that stuff?

metze