patch to improve documentation for samba-tool command --help

Theresa Halloran thallora at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 19 12:05:57 MDT 2011

Hello Jelmer and all,

I am using full_description for the enhanced --help information and
updated user.py to add the text to the __doc__ section.  I added the
formatter code so the newlines are preserved.  This will work well for
the enhanced help.  I don't see the full_description being used for
anything else...unless there is a plan to do so and a reason I should
not use it (or if I missed something).

I've included the text I'll be adding for samba-tool user create.
Please review the text for accuracy and completeness (which I realize is
subjective)....

Attached is the patch.  Thanks, as always, comments are appreciated!

Theresa