s3:torture: convert torture.c to only use dbwrap wrapper functions

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 11 17:56:50 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 15:52 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:
>        via  6fb5c47 s3:torture: convert torture.c to only use dbwrap wrapper functions

Michael,

I just wanted to give you a heads up, that I think this could be really,
really useful in my hope to restore the smb.conf configuration options
in the tdb_wrap code.

When I merged everything for the top level build, I cheated and #ifdefed
out the 'use mmap' and tdb_hashsize parameters in the common tdb_wrap.c
for Samba4 builds.

Part of why I'm keen to get the lpcfg_ shim available is to correct
this, and so I propose to add an (optional) struct loadparm_context
parameter to tdb_wrap_open(), and to have the dbwrap code provide this
(based on the loadparm_init_s3()).

I'll get back to you with an actual patch in the next few days, but I
wanted to mention this to you, as your changes here move this from
'overwhelming' to 'practical', and I really appreciate it.

I need to check with rusty, but I think this will also allow us to turn
on tdb2 with an smb.conf option.

Thanks,