Question: lower case NetBIOS names.

Ibrahim, Mohammed (US - Hyderabad) mibrahim at deloitte.com
Wed Oct 5 10:42:52 MDT 2011

Hi Chris,

I appreciate your quick response.

But I am afraid, it didn't answer my question, may be I was unclear. Anyways, I build servers remotely and the requestor/end user wants the DNS names to be in lowercase, cause these kind of requestors wants to install SAP on their own and say some functions would fail should the DNS or NetBIOS names are in upper case, hence, they want us to build the servers Hostname, DNS names and NetBIOS names in a lowercase.

Out of these three, DNS names is the most required thing as per their requirement..

Thanks,
-Ibrahim