Buildfarm build_test script on an embedded device.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Oct 4 20:37:10 MDT 2011

Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>

>> Dan Shearer wrote:

>>> I see your point, it's good to try all tests on a resource-constrained
>>> machine no matter how slow. Embedded is an important target for S4.
>>>
>>> build.samba.org doesn't give an indication of the size of the hosts: I
>>> wonder what the smallest machine is. ( I just started 'make test' on a
>>> tiny x86 machine to see what will happen.)
>> Almost 18 hours now...
> I think we need to taillor a script for such platforms as make test
> starts something like 6 or 7 samba DC in order to test different forest
> level and things like 2nd DC ...
> This takes a lot of memory so you are basically swapping all the time.
>
> Try the following patch, it should try to only do tests for 1 DC
> environment.

Matthieu,

The patch you provided for build_test.fns did not quite match the file, but
I think I have applied it correctly manually.

I am running your modified script now (just started it).  I will let you
know how long it takes.  I can also provide the logs, if you are interested.

Thanks!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org