ZFS snapshots readable over samba - Permission

Bodo Kaiser kyogron at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:47:40 MDT 2011

Sry for giving such a bad issue discriptions, I tried some things out
and I think I should formulate the question new.
I have different user-dirs in "/usr/home". I also have daily ZFS
snapshots in "/usr/home/.zfs/snapshot". Now I want to have access to the
snapshots over samba but only with user authentification and then only
read access to the user belonging files in the snapshot.

So the user should log in with the username and the password and have
access to his files. If he now missis a file which is in the snapshot he
should easily go to the snap dir (maybe over a softlink) change to his
user-dir in the snapshot and get his missing file(s). When he does this
he shouldn't get access to the files of the other users.

Hope I explained it this time better :S

Regards,
Bodo Kaiser