To release Samba 4.0 'as is'

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 29 15:42:21 MST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 12:19 +0100, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 29/11/2011 06:41, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > Jeremy and Gémes,
> >
> > I wish to wholeheartedly agree with this proposal.  My first priority is
> > to get Samba's first AD server into the hands of our users.  I am not
> > concerned about what we call it, just as long as it is clear to our
> > users that it is stable and supported by the Samba Team.
> >
> So what do we put in this "release" ?

What I would propose is that we release from master a Samba 4.0 domain
controller.

As a means to getting to the release, you have started a 'blocker' bug,
and metze has mentioned that he wants to file a list of known issues
that he has in mind.  We can then work though that list to see what
issues we can address, what issues we can defer, and then make a release
when we feel it is ready.