Reporting success this past year + new Issues Adding a new Samba 4 DC to existing Samba 4 AD

Aubrey Ekstrom aekstrom at proclivitysystems.com
Mon Nov 28 09:30:05 MST 2011

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am sure. The regular Administrator user is disabled and the user
(renamed in the post) used is the main account for administering the Domain
that we use to create/delete users, Group Policies, etc. But since you ask,
it makes me think maybe it's a chicken and egg issue, where the new PDC
doesn't recognize that user since it hasn't replicated yet. I will try
re-enabling the standard admin user and try with that one just to check
that. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just did a Git pull (before I saw this reply) to see if maybe there was a
bug in the instance I downloaded before, running quicktest now. I will try
this with the normal admin user on the current install before I run "make
install" though.

Cheers,*

Aubrey Ekstrom | *Systems Administrator
Proclivity Systems
22 West 19th St., Ninth Floor
New York, NY 10011
p 646.380.2416
aekstrom at proclivitysystems.com
www.proclivitysystems.com

*Proclivity® | We Value Your Customers™*

This message is the property of Proclivity Systems, Inc. and is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s), and may contain material that is
confidential and privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If
you are not the intended recipient, reliance or forwarding without express
permission is strictly prohibited; please contact the sender and delete all
copies.