problems adding 2008R2 to BDC to samba4 DC

Aaron Solochek aarons-samba at aberrant.org
Mon Nov 21 09:24:24 MST 2011

I'm running the 4.0 samba-master from git.  I updated it on friday in hopes that
something new would fix my issues, but it didn't.

I'm trying to add a windows server 2008R2 backup DC to the existing samba4 setup.

When I run the AD domain services installation wizard on windows I get the
following error:

"Failed to examine the Active Directory forest.  The error was:
Expected value ridMasterServer.dnsHostName not found."

I'm not even sure where to start debugging this.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Aaron