How to import passwords to Heimdal?

Steve Gaarder gaarder1 at math.cornell.edu
Wed Nov 16 08:48:49 MST 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

[ much enlightening information deleted for the sake of brevity ]

> There is already a process by which we can signal that we have filled in
> the supplementalCredentials and unicodePwd (by setting a special
> control), allowing us to import the keys without knowing the cleartext,
> and we can build that structure in python (I can help with that).

In my case, the users will already be in the Samba4 database, so if I
understand things correctly, what I need to do is:

1. extract the key from the dump
2. create supplementalCredentials and unicodePwd containing the key in the
correct format
3. update those fields in the appropriate .ldb file
4. send a signal to Samba4 that the data has been changed

Do I have this right?  If so, where can I find documentation on the
classes, methods, and formats?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
gaarder at math.cornell.edu