Review on patches for multi-ip handling

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Thu Nov 10 15:24:19 MST 2011

Hello Metze, Tridge,

I'd like to have a review on this 2 patches:

http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/misc_review

Those patches are supposed to help samba to better handle cases where
the host where we want to connect has more than 1 IP but is listenning
only on a subset of all its IPs.

I discovered the problem while testing against a server with an IPv6 and
IPv4 address, with samba only listenning on IPv4, as now samba is
returning IPv6 addresses first, we try to connect to the IPv6 address
and in lot of cases we don't even try the second (IPv4 address).
Those two patches fix the problem for LDAP and RPC.

Please let me know.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou