Home directories, Samba 4, what am I doing wrong?

Peter Clark pclark at pclark.com
Tue Nov 8 13:52:17 MST 2011

Hia,

Yes the directories do exist, /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba is running.  I can browse up to a folder called 'homes' and subfolders with path=/home but it doesn't appear to be mapping the AD accounts to the related Unix accounts, even with 'homedir=/home/blah' in the Unix tab of AD users and computers control panel.  Or as I have an inkling, I'm doing something wrong (haven't given AD users and computers the UID to use?  Not sure where to put it in if I'm supposed to, however it seems that wouldn't be scalable in a large environment, should Samba be getting the Unix UID from the AD home path and the related uid from the passwd file?  There's a uid for 'fred' on the Fedora 14 server, as well as an AD Accounts and Computers user 'fred' that has the same home directory in the unix tab.

Thanks