talloc use after free in samba3upgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 8 05:21:04 MST 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 09:39 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> > Output of the valgrind is attached.
>
> And this one is with the correct path to samba-tool. :)
>
> valgrind /usr/bin/python /opt/s4/sbin/samba-tool domain samba3upgrade
> --dbdir=/tmp/x  /tmp/x/smb.conf
>

> > linux-hvej:~ # /opt/s4/sbin/samba --version
> > Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-1d53109

Using that git revision and the dataset from 'make test', I can
reproduce (at least as far as an invalid read, but not an un-initialised
read) the issue with the SDDL library, but it appears to be due to
strspn in glibc reading beyond the NULL terminator.

So, the question really is, what is different about your setup?

Can you also try with the additional valgrind option --track-origins=yes

Thanks,