password hashes for google apps sync

Aaron Solochek aarons-samba at aberrant.org
Fri Nov 4 13:22:08 MDT 2011

I saw a couple of old threads about this, but there never seemed to be any
conclusion.

I am trying to set up synchronization between our samba4 AD server, and our
google apps domain.

The configuration utility for this wants to know what attribute the users
password is stored in, and whether that is SHA1, MD5, or plaintext.  I did see a
thread about enabling plaintext passwords, but I'd really rather not do that.
I'm hoping there is some support for sticking SHA1 or MD5 hashes in a field so
when a user changes their AD password, it also changes their google apps password.

Has anyone gotten this working?

Thanks.

-Aaron