AD as a backup DC to a Samba4 PDC?

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:08:20 MDT 2011

I've been doing some digging for this but haven't found an answer yet.  Is
it possible to set up an actual Microsoft AD controller as a BDC to a
Samba4 PDC?

The reason for asking is that I am working on setting up Samba4 as our PDC,
but I would like to show that it would be possible, if absolutely
necessary, to move the domain to an actual Windows platform.  It's one of
those "warm fuzzies" that Microsoft centric bosses like to have when you're
proposing a non-Microsoft solution on their network. :-P

--
    Charles Tryon